Sunday, November 7, 2021

[Book Review] DNA Demons N Angels: What To Do When You're Expecting Something Different by

  DNA Demons N Angels: What To Do When You're Expecting Something Different

It’s weird how every woman reacts differently. How each pregnancy differs.
Mine is definitely unique.
My sense of smell became stronger, picking up the faintest odors, and my stomach was in constant turmoil. Those were the first signs.
And then I started eating. And eating. If I don’t, I get a migraine and people’s faces become blurry. Electronics seem to malfunction in my presence. And the nightmares—they don’t stop.
Something is changing my body.
Something that should have never happened.
Something that my husband and I had prevented from happening.
Something people say is miraculous.
The bigger I get, the more frequently I encounter people who become possessed. And the more often I wind up questioning if I am carrying a miracle baby.
The closer I get to the due date, the more I love this child and the more confident I am that I will protect my baby from anything.
Even its fate.

DNA Demons N Angels contains violence, swearing, and sex scenes. If you are looking for a clean, curse free book, this isn't it.

This book was really unique! It starts out with the main character suspecting that she is pregnant. The only problem? She doesn't want kids and her husband has had a vasectomy. Ut oh. But, she hasn't had an affair, so the only reasonable explanation is that she is the next virgin Mary? Hmm.

It was fun reading through the chapters and not knowing what was going on. How did she become pregnant? Why is she being watched? And, why are weird things happening all around her? This book kind of reminded me of Rosemary's baby, but it was less scary and more cute. The baby isn't evil, and there are no evil signs, besides the possessions happening all around her. I really enjoyed the semi light hearted vibe of this book, and I enjoyed reading about her weird and unexpected pregnancy.

The characters were well thought out, and I really enjoyed Lucas. He was a perfect guy and I am interested in reading the sequel just for him to be honest. He was fiercely protective, but also kind of a cinnamon roll.
 
Overall, I found this book to be refreshing. It was unique, but it also contained some of my favorite elements, such as mystery, supernaturals and alpha males. I am really excited to read the next book in the series!


Katie Zaber is originally from Southern New Jersey. Her childhood home is just minutes from the Long Beach Island Bridge. When not writing, Katie can be found at wine tastings, sun bathing at the beach, going for hikes, screaming at Six Flags, reading, or in her favorite place, her kitchen, baking desserts and breads. She currently lives in Morris County, New Jersey with her boyfriend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

[Book Blast] Greystone [GIVEAWAY]

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . B L Ryan will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN gift card to a...