Sunday, December 12, 2021

[Book Review] Fight by Rowen Black (Knightwood Academy Book 2)

 

     Fight by Rowen Black

Coming back to the school was not something I was looking forward to. With my secret still hanging over me and the impending visit from King Blaine shadowing me every day, the stress is taking hold of me.

What I don’t expect is for the unexpected arrival of a swordsman, which forces me to throw caution to the wind and fight to protect him.

Trials are much harder this year and with Vespin starting his advance to Blaine's land, everything is heating up, and not just the war.

More surprises makes me unsteady and my budding relationships falter. Will I say yes to save to save them?

Trigger Warning: Fight contains M/M and F/M/M there will be triggering elements of abuse. This is also a Reverse Harem which means the Heroine does not have to choose between love interests. There will be lots of steam in this book as well.







Fight picks up right where we left off in Survival. So, essentially, the big cliffhanger gets answered right in the first chapter, and the payoff is worth the wait. Fight covers year 2 of Knightwood Academy. When Raven returns to the Academy, she has a few goals. One, she will tell her guys that she is a woman, and two, she needs to continue working on the inside to overthrow King Blaine. But, there is a wrench thrown in her plans when a young boy from Vulture Bay is chosen as the next Swordsman for year one. Raven must rescue the boy, all while maintaining her sanity and the seven men she is fated to. 

Year 2 of the Knightwood Academy ups the spice and the plot. Raven becomes closer to her men, and more characters are introduced to add to the storyline. The dialogue is more casual and flows better than book one. The relationships grow and the characters are becoming more unique. We are able to see more of Vespin and Raven's relationship in this one as well. I think Raven has incredible chemistry with all of her men, which can be hard to do with so many men being in her harem. We also meet new characters and get their POV as well, which adds more depth to the story.

Overall, I really enjoyed this sequel. There are many parts going on in the plot all at the same time, which can be a bit confusing. But, I am sure that the payout will be worth it in the end. I am really excited to see how everything ties together, and to see what is to happen after that shocking plot twist/cliffhanger at the end.

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC of this book. My opinions are of my own and I was not obligated to provide a review.


 Rowen Black is an author of dystopian RH with some PNR mixed in. She has a fur baby that is a giant Mainecoon. Rowen has a large family who she loves to spend time with and she also loves to bake when she's not on her laptop. 

Rowen grew up raised on a farm, and loves to be around animals and loves hard work. 
The one place Rowen wants to visit before she dies is Germany and Italy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

[Book Blast] I Think It Might Rain [GIVEAWAY]

    This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . Rick Marchand will award a $15 Amazon/BN gift card to ...