Wednesday, November 17, 2021

[Book Review] The Last Beginning: Eluding Destiny Prequel by Charlie Nottingham

 

        The Last Beginning
What happens when night collides with day?


Laila's a bubbly waitress at a small-town diner. Jeremy's a rogue supernatural hunter with a dark past.

When they meet, sparks don't just fly but catch aflame. Her sunshine merges with his dark sky, and it's as though the rest of the world disappears.

But he can't rope a human girl into his dangerous life. No matter how much he wants her, no matter how much she wants him, he can't risk her life.

Except... Maybe she isn't the defenseless little flower he thought she was.


This book is a prequel to the Eluding Destiny Series. There are nine books after this, as well as spin offs and several continuation series. This is not a standalone novel.

Intended only for mature readers.

I loved this book! Laila is just your ordinary human that accidentally runs into a not so ordinary guy and sparks ignite. The problem? He doesn't want her to get caught up in his dangerous world. But, Laila is stubborn and she isn't about to let Jeremy get off that easily when she knows their relationship could be something more.

I loved the chemistry between Laila and Jeremy. I also loved that they had backgrounds and they weren't just cookie cutter characters. Jeremy has a background in drug addiction and Laila is a party girl that has a lot of interest in boys and illicit substances. I loved Laila from the start, and I was glad to see her character grow throughout this prequel. Jeremy also had some character development. There honestly wasn't any characters that I hated thus far, which made me really happy. 

This prequel has Fae, Angels, Guardians, Demons, and more. It's a prequel, so it tells the story of how Jeremy and Laila meet and how they grow into a couple. I haven't read the other books in this series yet, but this was a great beginning. There was action, romance, spice, and great world building. I read this book within a few hours and I am excited to see where this series leads! The epilogue had quite the little cliffhanger/ sneak peak into their upcoming world. 

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book. These opinions are my own, and were not influenced in any way. I was not obligated to provide a review. 



Charlie is a... Okay, talking about myself in third person is weird.

Nice to meet you, and thanks for clicking on my page! My name's Charlie Nottingham, and my whole world revolves around fantasy. When I'm not writing a new book, I'm either hanging out with my dogs, talking with my fans online, or reading some amazing urban fantasy, paranormal romance, or fantasy romance series (always a series, never a stand-alone, because I hate to fall for a character and never see them again), or re-watching some Buffy or Supernatural.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to share the worlds I've created with the world around me! Truly, telling stories, reading them, absorbing fiction is what I live for.

If you like my work and would like to sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter, here's a link to my website! You can also find my prequel on there (for free, always for free). https://www.charlienottingham1224.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

[Book Blast] Greystone [GIVEAWAY]

  This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . B L Ryan will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN gift card to a...